Pakistani Kofta Curry


Quick and easy Kofta Curry courtesy of Eri Awais

Kofta Curry, so easy the malays say, tutup mata boleh buat (you can do this with your eyes closed!). I love this recipe and it's definitely one of my go-to recipe when I don't have much time for preparation. My husband is unpredictable that way, sometimes he comes home very hungry, sometimes he says he don't need dinner. So on days, he suddenly feels hungry, I have some quick whips that will satisfy but won't take too much time. Told you minced meat are gorgeous kitchen friends!

I use instant meatball koftas if I have them on stock in the freezer. But now that I can make my own kofta, I can actually make them ahead and freeze them or just make it on the spot since it is that easy and quick. So here is how we make the Pakistani Kofta Curry.

Fry koftas with little oil in a pan and set aside.

Using same pan, add a bit of oil then fry

1 large onion (blended)
1 tbsp ginger & garlic
For a few minutes

Then add these spices you probably already have in your kitchen :

1tsp cumin
1tsp coriander
1tsp chilli powder
1/3 tsp tumeric powder

Fry till fragrant. Then add
1/2 cup of yogurt (whipped lightly)

Add water to desired consistency, salt to taste.

Optional : veges of choice e.g potatoes, boiled eggs
Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and fried onions.

Didn't I tell you it was easy.


Next up, something a little lighter and healthier, Harirah : Moroccan Ramadhan Soup 

Comments

Popular Posts